Thursday, October 16, 2008

Better than nothing!!!

So, it turns out the camera that needs to go in for 'repairs' just needs a good cleaning. Well, I don't mind a few specks on my photos if you don't! Hopefully I can get it cleaned this weekend, but for now, this will do.

I am excited to show you my latest project - Mary Jane slippers! I picked up this pattern last week at Quilt Essentials great sale. It's a pattern for 'Ballet Slippers', and you can make basic slippers or add cute straps (i.e. Mary Janes, cris-cross straps, and pretty ribbon straps). I've needed slippers for so long, but I was waiting for something cutesy. As soon as I saw the pattern I knew I wanted Mary Jane slippers :).




I love the little tab on the back - such a cute detail!



I've also been working on a custom order quilt. My friend (who ordered the pink crib quilt in previous posts), also requested a stroller quilt. With the fall weather coming upon us, she wanted something to bundle her baby in while they go out for crisp fall walks. She picked out the two main fabrics and the fuzzy backing and gave me free reign with the design. How trusting of her! :) After I made a few of the quilt blocks I realized it was going to be a bit busy, so I purchased the gray fabric to break it up a bit. I hope she likes it!


The quilt is actually a nine patch, but it's hard to tell from the photo :).

I'm disappointed I can't show you the quilt I finished or the apron I made for my sister-in-law, but I was camera-less and the projects are now out the door to their 'new owners'. At least I was able to post a couple of pictures and give a quick update. Hopefully, more projects will be finished soon!

No comments: