Friday, October 10, 2008

Sewin', but nothin' showin' for it

I recently finished the pink baby quilt as well as a few smaller baby items, but alas, I have no camera to take pictures of them :(. Hubby needs the camera for work while his is being repaired, so it may be a little while before I can capture my projects on film again.

I have a bunch of projects in the works, though. I'm excited to share them, so hopefully my camera is back soon! I'm just about finished a fall coat for myself, I'm about to start quilting a quilt I started a year ago, and then I have a bunch of custom order aprons that need to be finished before Christmas. It doesn't seem like much now that I'm writing it out, but I really want to get these projects finished in the next two months. Actually, if we're talking Christmastime, I have a Christmas quilt that I started last winter that just needs the binding hand-stitched. So there's another one that needs doing for the holidays. Lots to do, but it's oh so much fun!

I read other blogs and I'm amazed how much sewing they can crank out in such a short period of time. On the very odd day I can finish a project in one sitting, but that is very rare! I usually have 3 or 4 projects going at one time, and they usually take me about a month or two to complete (unless it's a quilt, that could take several months...or in my case...a year...). :)

I think one reason I'm having a tough time finishing projects lately is I'm sleeping a lot more these days. I usually get a lot of sewing done while Peanut sleeps, but seem to be sleeping when he sleeps. At night I seem to be vegging - knitting, sometimes reading, and sometimes tidying up depending on my energy level - or dropping off to sleep again. Hmmmmm, I wonder if expecting a baby has anything to do with that...

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Jennifer & family.
Don't worry about being tired It's lots of work 'growing' a baby. It will pass soon though & you be right back at the sewing fun. I'm sure you will be making lots for the new peanut.

Theresa