Saturday, August 2, 2008

Cutesy Apron

I just finished this apron for a friend. It's an apron pattern I designed and have made a few times. I had one of my aprons for sale at a fair, but my friend didn't like all the pink in the fabric :). So we managed to find a cute fabric in green. (There is a little pit of pink on the cupcakes, but she still approved. :)) I love cupcake fabric! This fabric is by Robert Kaufman and it was great to work with.

Originally the apron was going to be all the same fabric. But I found a lovely coordinating fabric in my stash in brown and green polka dots. I thought it would break up the busy-ness of the cupcake fabric too. I hope she likes it!




Peanut walked by and gave me a 'leg hug' :).


Close-up of the fabric.


Close-up of the gathers and big top-stitching.

2 comments:

sewtakeahike said...

your apron is so cute! that is so fabulous that you made the pattern up yourself, I'm sure your friend will love it!!

beki said...

That's so cute!