Sunday, July 20, 2008

It's been a while!

Wow, I just realized how long it's been since I've updated my blog! Sorry! I haven't been up to much in the way of sewing lately. The weather has been amazing and Peanut loves to be outdoors. We spend one or two days a week at the beach and the rest of the time we're in the backyard or neighborhood park. William loves the sand and I soak up a little sun (30 minutes immediately followed by sunblock). :)

I started a knitting project last week that I hope to have finished by fall. If any of you are still curious about the 'mystery' crochet project, it's still in the works. It's on hold for a little while, but I hope to have it finished in the next month or two as well. I've just always wanted to learn how to knit and I found a great sweater pattern that looks complicated, but is actually fairly easy (so far...). The hardest part is keeping track of which row I'm on in the pattern! I started keeping track with a sticky note, which has been has been a big help :). Aren't sticky notes great?! I had to learn a few new stitches for increasing and decreasing, but Google and YouTube have been extremely helpful. I've finished two pieces and I'm almost finished the third. Once it actually starts to look like something I'll post a picture.

I hope you're enjoying the summer too!

No comments: